Museo DFB

Santa Maria alla Fontana | history

The history of the foundry is strictly linked to that of the Isola quarter and to the sanctuary of Santa Maria alla Fontana, a name given for the source once gushing out here, to which the popular devotion used to attribute miraculous and curing virtues. The area where the foundry rises belonged to owning of the next religious compound which, by the end of 1700, was extending up to the Maggiolina, Prato Centenaro and Dergano quarters, including cultivated fields and many rural buildings.

Santa Maria alla Fontana
The Napoleon age

The Barigozzi family
Bells foundry
Artistic castings

logo museo museo DFB

veduta aerea

On foreground – the foundry buildings,
in background the church of Santa Maria alla Fontana